- BOONEVILLE St. Francis, Holy Hour on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 27, with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 3 – 4 p.m. and the praying of the Divine Mercy chaplet and the Divine Mercy Litany of Praise.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish Mission, April 28-30, at 6:30 p.m. A light meal will be served before the session. Father Steve Kimmons, SJ, will speak about the Mass.
- COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, Divine Mercy Sunday, April 27, at 2:30 p.m. praying of the Chaplet of Mercy and a short explanation about the devotion.
- CORINTH St. James, new adult Bible class on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. entitled “A Well Built Faith” using the book of the same name by Joe Poprocki.
- GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary, feast of Divine Mercy celebration Sunday, April 27, at 3 p.m.
- JACKSON Holy Ghost Parish, two Masses on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 27, at 9:45 a.m. and at 3 p.m.
- – At 2 p.m. there will be a Holy Hour consisting of prayer, singing of the Divine Mercy Chaplet and Benediction. Details: Dorothy Ashley, 601-259-0885.
- JACKSON Cathedral of St. Peter, Divine Mercy Chaplet in Spanish after the 2 p.m. Mass.
- OXFORD St. John, study of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius using Father Raymond Gawronski book, “A Closer Walk with Christ,” Sundays in the community room between the 8:30 and 11 a.m. Masses.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace Parish, Divine Mercy Hour of prayer on Sunday, April 27, from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. The Knights of Columbus will provide refreshments. Details: Mary Jerkins, 662-895-5844.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish, “Living the Eucharist” retreat Sunday, May 18, beginning at 12:30 p.m. with a meal followed by reflection and prayer session. Activities will be offered for ages three years – adult.
- TUPELO St. James Parish music director, Lynn McGrath, will present an extended Easter prelude on the organ before the 10:30 a.m. Easter Sunday Mass.
- CHATAWA The Dwelling Place drawdown Luau, Friday, May 9, at Lee Home in Columbus from 7 -10 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Joe St. John and Larry Priest. Tickets are $100 and admit two. Grand prize – $2500. Tickets can be purchased through PayPal at www.dwellingplace.com. Details: 662-738-5348.
- JACKSON Sister Thea Bowman School, annual drawdown, Saturday, April 26, at 6:30 p.m. $100 tickets for a chance at $10,000. Details: 601-352-5441.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick School Countdown, Friday, May 2, at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Hwy 19 N. Tickets are $100.00 (portions of tickets may be purchased). First prize is $5,000; 2nd prize is $2,500; and 3rd prize is $1,000. The first ticket drawn wins $500 and every 25th ticket following the next ticket wins $100. Only 300 tickets are sold. Tickets are available at the parish office, the school office, and Scott McGee, 601-934-4908.
- NATCHEZ Cathedral School Crawfish Countdown Saturday, April 26. Details: 601-445-9844.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace Parish 12th annual fund-raising golf tournament on Sunday, April 27, at 1 p.m. at Wedgewood Golfers’ Course. Dinner is included. Details: qopcc.com, 662-895-5007.
- OXFORD St. John Parish drawdown on Friday, May 16. Organizers are soliciting donations for the silent auction and the wine pull. Details: Mark Hodge, 662-607-0706, email@example.com.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph, traditional Easter reception at 9:15 a.m. in the parish hall. Parishioners are asked to bring fruit, baked goods, finger sandwiches and goodies of all kinds.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart Parish reception for the youth from Maine on Easter Sunday morning. The youth will work in Mound Bayou with the Sisters of Mercy.
- JACKSON Holy Ghost Parish Ladies of the Knights of St. Peter Claver Court #171 Spring Fling, Saturday, April 25, from 8 p.m. – 12 a.m. at the Regency Hotel and Conference Center, 400 Greymont Avenue. Door prizes and a cash bar will be available. Details: Lady Knight Willie McKinney, 601-362-9444.
- MOUND BAYOU St. Gabriel Mercy Center, Annual Night To Remember, Saturday, April 26, at 5 p.m. Tickets for the dinner and entertainment are $25. Community persons being honored include RSMs Sisters Rita Killian, Sister Cleo Heinrich, and retiring executive director, Sister Donald Mary. Purchase tickets by April 21 online, www.stgabrielmc.org or call 662-741-3255.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish family ice cream sundae party on Wednesday, April 30, at 6:30 p.m. in the parish Hall. The entrance to the party is a complete golden ticket.
- TUPELO St. James Happy Hearts closing luncheon/get-together for this year (until Sept) Friday, May 9, after the 12:10 p.m. Mass. Participants will meet in Shelton Hall to play bunko and celebrate birthdays.
- HERNANDO Sacred Heart Southern Missions Thrift Store, 95 E. Commerce Street, is accepting Spring/Summer clothing and jackets for children and adults. Proceeds go towards purchasing food at their food pantries. Donations accepted during business hours at the store, or 24/7 at the donation drop on premises. Shopping hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Details: 662-429-6290.
Below are the dates for the 2014 Confirmations. Bishop Joseph Kopacz will be conferring the sacrament in nine locations this year.
- Deanery I: Sunday, May 4 – 5 p.m. – Vicksburg St. Michael Parish
– Tuesday, May 13 – 6 p.m. – Madison St. Francis of Assisi Parish
– Thursday, May 15 – 6 p.m. – Jackson St. Richard Parish
- Deanery II: Saturday, May 24 – 5 pm. – Brookhaven St. Francis of Assisi Parish
- Deanery III: Saturday, May 17 – 11 a.m. – Greenwood Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
- Deanery IV: Sunday, May 18 – 5 p.m. – Cleveland Our Lady of Victories Parish
- Deanery IV: Sunday, Oct. 26 – 5 p.m. – Southaven Christ the King Parish
- Deanery V: Saturday, May 3 – 11 a.m. – Tupelo St. James Parish
- Deanery VI: Saturday, May 10 – 11 a.m. – Meridian St. Patrick Parish
Easter egg hunts
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis, Sunday, April 20, after the 9 a.m. Mass.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth, Sunday, April 20, at 3 p.m.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph, Easter Sunday, April 20, at 9:15 a.m. – toddlers to age nine.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart, Sunday, April 20, after the 9 a.m. Mass for children 12 and under.
- GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary after the 9 a.m. Easter Sunday Mass on the green beside the church for three-year-olds through third grade.
- MADISON St. Francis, Sunday, April 27, after the 10:30 a.m. Mass for toddlers – fourth-graders.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, Saturday, April 19, at 10 a.m. in Memorial Park for KCYO and at Family Life Center for younger children. Donuts at the Family Life Center from 9 – 10 a.m.
- PEARL St. Jude, Sunday, April 20, at 9:45 a.m.
- SOUTHAVEN Christ the King, Saturday, April 26, at 10 a.m.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary, Saturday, April 26, at 11 a.m.