JACKSON – Almost four dozen women from St. Therese Parish gathered to reflect on the theme “Be who God meant you to be and you can set the world on fire” during a two-day bilingual retreat led by the Redemptorist Fathers from Greenwood. The gathering featured group and individual sessions as well as personal free time. One member, Rosa Saldana, crocheted flowers for each woman to wear. Each flower had a prayer on the back. (Photo by Cathy Eaves)
JACKSON — Holy Ghost Ladies Auxiliary is hosting a Women’s Retreat Saturday, October 15th from 8:30 to 3:00 in the Family Life Center at 1151 Cloister Street, Jackson The theme is God’s Love…Empowering the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT.
- Keynote Address by Mary Louise Jones of St. Richard’s Church- “Martha and Mary” Luke 10:38-42.
- Team Building Icebreaker- “Let’s Make a Deal” Ephesians 4:16.
- Kimberly M. Taylor, Educator and Motivational Trainer from Atlanta will present “In the Meantime” Romans 8:28.
- Sharon Nettles, Early Learning Specialist will lead activity with demonstration “A Recipe for Disaster” Exodus 23:19.
- Regina Lacking, LMSW will answer the question -Compassion Fatigue: “What does that have to do with me? Psalms 55:6.
- Sandra Cole-Rice will guide physical activity- “Stress Management” Matthew 6:34.
- Short Sessions on Trauma and Medicaid will be made by guests. Continental Breakfast and Lunch is included. The cost to attend is $30.00. Door Prizes, Vendor displays by Deluxe Jewelry, Avon, and Mary Kay will be available. Each HGLA is encouraged to invite at least one friend to come to our Retreat!!! For planning purposes, RSVP by October 10th. Call Chunda Longino at 601-209-2253 or Nancy Johnson at 601-605-4184.