CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish youth will trick or treat for canned goods for the Care Station Sunday, Oct. 30. Call Sarah Cauthen, 662-645-6260, if the youth can stop at your house to pick up canned goods.
CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories Parish, training for new altar servers, children in fourth-grade and up, Monday, Oct. 17, at 4 p.m. One parent must attend the service. Details: Jenifer Jenkins, 662-846-6273, ext. 18.
– Halloween party, Sunday, Oct. 30, at 6 p.m. in the parish center.
GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, Theology of the Body, for ninth-12th graders, Wednesdays from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
– Youth Ctr for seventh and eighth graders on Wednesdays from 5 – 6:30 p.m. in Heritage Hall.
– The CYO will host a children’s Halloween party for Canton Sacred Heart Saturday, Oct. 29, from 6 – 8 p.m. in the parish center.
JACSKON Elmore Peterson Law Firm invites youth from first to 12th grade to celebrate diversity with an art and essay competition. Prizes include a new laptop computer and $250 worth of classroom supplies for the teacher of the student’s choosing. Entries should answer the question: Wouldn’t life be boring if we were all the same?
Students may submit a drawing, an essay, a children’s story or a letter to the president in response to the question. All entries are due Dec. 1 to Elmore Peterson Law Firm, 1867 Crane Ridge Dr., Ste. 150-A, Jackson, MS 39216 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be announced January 2017.
NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, youth groups bake sale – cakes, cookies, homemade candy, soups and casseroles – Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 22-23, after all Masses. .
– Halloween Haunted House, Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 25-26, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. for ninth-12th graders.
– Wednesday, Oct. 26, Halloween carnival from 6 – 8 p.m. for preK 3 through eighth graders.