BATESVILLE St. Mary Parish, Men’s morning of spirituality, Saturday, March 19, from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
– Stations of the Cross, Fridays at noon followed by Mass.
BROOKHAVEN St. Francis Parish, reconciliation service, Wednesday, March 16, at 6 p.m.
BROOKSVILLE The Dwelling Place, Paschal Triduum, March 24-27. Cost is $200.
– Hermitage Retreat, April 1-3 and May 6-8. Experience God’s presence in a quiet and personally guided prayer experience adapted to your needs. Cost is $90 per day.
– Thomas Merton retreat, April 15-17. Participants will look at Merton’s historical life, conversion, teaching on solitude, thoughts on contemplation and his theology of lights. Cost is $180. Details: 662-738-5348.
COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, Lenten penance service, Wednesday, March 9, at 6:30 p.m. in the church.
FLOWOOD St. Paul Parish, “Discovering Christ,” a seven-week session, Thursdays, March 31-May 12, at 6:30 p.m. plus a retreat on Saturday, April 30, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Details and registration, www.saintpaulcatholicchurch.com.
JACKSON St. Peter Parish, rosary for life, third Saturday of the month (March 19) at 9 a.m. in the parking lot area at the Mary Garden.
JACKSON St. Richard Parish, men’s prayer breakfast, Mondays during Lent from 7 – 7:35 a.m. Parishioner Bill Dunning will speak on March 7; Father Juan Chavajay, on March 14 and Bishop Joseph Kopacz on March 21.
NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, “Rediscovering Jesus,” a two-hour reflection for eucharistic ministers, Friday, April 8, from 2 – 4 p.m. Led by Dr. Nancy Ehret.
– Half-day retreat for moms, Saturday, April 9, from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Led by Dr. Nancy Ehret. Cost is $10 per person.
– Assumption Parish book study, “The four signs of a dynamic Catholic,” by Matthew Kelly, Fridays after the 8 a.m. service.
SARDIS St. John Parish, Stations of the Cross, Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. followed by Mass.
VICKSBURG St. Paul Parish, Lenten Divine Mercy Mission, March 5-9. Father Dan Cambra, Marian of the Immaculate Conception, whose order in responsible for the spread of the message of Divine Mercy, will lead the mission. On Tuesday, he will speak to St. Francis Xavier students in second-sixth grades and to the St. Aloysius student body. His talk to parishioners on Monday-Wednesday is at 7 p.m.
– Fridays, March 11 and March 18, Mass at 7 a.m. and noon with the Anointing of the sick at each Mass. Eucharistic adoration from 7:30 – 11:45 a.m.; resuming at 12:30 until 5:10 p.m. Stations of the Cross at 5:15 p.m.
YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, Stations of the Cross, Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. in the parish hall, followed by Mass and a Lenten soup supper.
– Reconciliation service, Monday, March 14, at 6 p. m.
PARISH, SCHOOL & FAMILY EVENTS
COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, drawdown, Friday, April 22, at 7 p.m. in the Trotter Convention Center. Tickets are $100 admit two adults. Grand prize is $10,000.
GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, Seder supper, Monday, March 14, at 6 p.m. in the parish hall.
– Reconciliation service, Thursday, March 17, from 5 – 7 p.m. in the church.
GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, choir Stabat Mater Concerto, Palm Sunday, March 20, at 6 p.m.
– Grilled/fry catfish supper on Fridays of Lent, from 5 – 7 p.m. in the parish center. Eat in or to go. Plates are $10. Proceeds benefit the Priest Education Fund.
JACKSON St. Richard Parish Cardinal Men’s Club eighth annual 5-K or one mile fun run, “Flight to the Finish,” Saturday, May 7, beginning at 9 a.m. in front of St. Richard Church (1242 Lynnwood, Jackson) and finishes in the church parking lot. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Pre-registration forms are available on its Facebook page (“Flight to the Finish”) and on the St. Richard Catholic School website.
JACKSON Holy Ghost Parish, Easter Parade, “Tea Party,” sponsored by St. Joseph Circle, Palm Sunday, March 20, after the 9:45 a.m. Mass in the Father George Artis Family Life Center. Adult tickets are $10 for the breakfast and raffle chance to win a “stylish” hat. Tickets for children 12 and under are $5 for the meal and a chance to win Easter baskets filled with “goodies” for a boy and a girl.
MADISON – St. Anthony School’s Eagle Scramble, Tuesday, April 5, at 1 p.m. at Annandale Golf Club. Details: Kristi Thomas, 601-607-7054, www.stanthonyeagles.org,
MERIDIAN St. Joseph Parish, Healing Mass with Anointing of the Sick, Friday, March 11, at 12:05 p.m. Confessions will be offered at 11:15 a.m. Lunch will be served after Mass in Kehrer Hall.
– St. Patrick School announced the addition of eighth grade beginning in the 2016-17 school year. School information online at www.stpatrickcatholicschool.org or call 601-482-6044.
– Irish Festival, Saturday, March 19, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica and Assumption Parish, blood drive, Monday, March 14, from noon – 5:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Call the parish office to make an appointment or visit www.bloodhero.com.
TUPELO St. James Parish, visit of the Mexican Consulate, Saturday and Sunday, March 19-20. To make an appointment call 877-639-4835.
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – A Mass of Christian Burial for Sister Jude Marie Piazza, a native of Vicksburg, was celebrated Feb. 22 at Mercy Center in St. Louis, Mo. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery.
Sister Piazza attended St. Francis Xavier Academy in Vicksburg and entered the Sisters of Mercy in 1954 and professed perpetual vows in 1960.
She served as a nursing instructor at St. John’s School of Nursing and nursing supervisor at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield, Mo., staff nurse in ER and Coronary Care Unit from 1972-1977 at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Vicksburg, pastoral care chaplain from until 1992 at hospitals in Springfield, Mo., Fort Smith, Ark., Independence, Kansas, Daphne, Ala., and Hot Springs, Ark..
She was an avid practitioner and instructor in energetic healing and outstanding and influential in promoting holistic health.