- BROOKHAVEN St. Francis Parish, “Rediscover Catholicism” women’s study group on Mondays at 9 a.m. in the library. Books by Matthew Kelly will be available for $5.
– Class on the Sunday’s Gospel beginning on Feb. 21, from 8:30 – 9:15 a.m. in the library.
- GRENADA St. Peter Parish, Lenten mission, March 14-16, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. Led by Catholic lay evangelist Michael J. Cumbie.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit, Tenebrae Candlelight service, Sunday, March 6, at 7 p.m. for all area parishes.
- JACKSON St. Peter Parish, adult faith formation Lenten sessions, “God’s Mercy,” Sundays, Feb. 21-March 13, from 9:15 – 10-15 a.m. in the cathedral center.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Mondays during Lent the daily Mass will be at 6:30 a.m.
– Men’s prayer breakfast on Mondays during Lent from 7 – 7:35 a.m. in Foley Hall.
– Lecto during Lent, Tuesdays from 10 – 11:30 a.m. in the Mercy Room.
- JACKSON St. Therese Parish, mission, Feb. 22-24, “The Joy of the Gospel.” Led by Father Michael McAndrew. A light social will follow.
– Annual women’s retreat at St. Mary of the Pines in Chatawa, March 4-6. Led by Jill Hisaw and Sister Lourdes González. Registration deadline is Feb. 25.
- MADISON St. Francis Parish, M & M study group, “Jesus A Pilgrimage,” Wednesdays during Lent from 9:15 – 11:15 a.m. in the Family Life Center.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, small group Lenten devotion, Wednesdays from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. in the parish center. Details: Mary Billups, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Lenten penance service, Monday, Feb. 22 at 6 p.m.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica/Assumption Parish, Lenten book study groups: Sundays at 8:30 a.m. led by Karen Verucchi; Mondays at 6 p.m. led by Ruth Powers; Mondays at 8:45 a.m. led by Kakki Gaude; Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. led by Allen and Beth Richard. Roseminette Gaude will lead a group on Friday mornings at Assumption. Details: Parish office, 601-445-5616, or email Ruth Powers, email@example.com.
- SHAW St. Francis Parish, Lenten reflections, Tuesdays at 10 a.m. at the Presentation Sisters’ home.
- SOUTHAVEN/OLIVE BRANCH/ROBINSONVILLE/HERNANDO “The Forgiveness Walk,” silent meditation and prayer moving from altar to altar’ to contemplate a different ‘work of Mercy’ at each one.
– Christ the King, Days and times: Thursday, Feb. 25, from 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
– Queen of Peace, Thursday, March 10.
– Good Shepherd, Wednesday, March 16, 6 p.m. through the weekend.
– Holy Spirit, Thursday, March 3, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, eight-week Church History course, beginning in March. Cost is $20 plues a book fee. Details: Diane Melton. 662-746-1680.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
- Brookhaven St. Francis, Stations of the Cross at 5:30 p.m. followed by Mass.
- Cleveland Our Lady of Victories, Fridays at 6 p.m.
- Columbus Annunciation, Fridays at 5:30 p.m. in the chapel.
- Corinth St. James, Tuesdays at 6 p.m. with Stations of the Cross.
- Hernando Holy Spirit, Fridays at 6:30 p.m. followed by a meatless soup supper.
– Reconciliation Mas, Wednesday, Feb. 24, at 7 p.m.
- Flowood St. Paul, Fridays at 6 p.m. followed by a Lenten dinner.
- Jackson Christ the King, stations and the rosary. Fridays at 6 p.m. in the gathering area.
- Jackson St. Peter Cathedral, adoration on Fridays at 4 p.m. followed by the stations at 6 pm. A light, meatless meal will be provided afterwards in the cathedral center.
- Jackson St. Richard, Fridays at 2:15 and 5:30 p.m. in the church. Meatless supper at 6 p.m.
– Communal reconciliation service, Tuesday, March 1, from 1 – 6 p.m.
Jackson St. Therese, Fridays at 5:30 p.m. followed by a soup supper and a Lenten session led by Jill Hisaw.
- Madison St. Francis, rosary at 6 p.m. followed by the stations and dinner.
– Reconciliation service, Thursday, March 3.
- Oxford St. John Parish, Fridays at 5 p.m. followed by a Lenten fish fry.
- Shaw St. Francis, Fridays at 6 p.m.
- Tupelo St. James, Fridays after the 12:10 p.m. Mass and at 6 p.m.
PARISH, SCHOOL & FAMILY EVENTS
- BROOKHAVEN St. Francis Parish, Young Catholic group meeting, Sunday, March 6, at 4 p.m. at the home of Joe and Linda Moak. Viewing of the movie “The Passion of Christ.” Dinner will be served at 6:15 p.m.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories, “Life after loss – A Lenten invitation,” six-session discussion group led by parishioner Larry Lambert on Tuesdays, at 6:30 p.m. at St. Luke Methodist Church. Details: Lambert, 662-719-8756, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart, healthy eating classes on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m. – Line dancing, Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- JACKSON Sister Thea Bowman School 10th annual Draw Down, Saturday, April 30, at 6:30 p.m. in the school’s Multi-Purpose Building. Grand prize is $10,000. Tickets are $100. Details: Shae Robinson, 601-352-5441.
- MADISON St Joseph Catholic School, registration is open for the 2016-2017 school year. Details: Kristi Garrard, 601-898-4812.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, meeting of the newly formed “Mercyfull Mufllers,” to knit scarves for the homeless of the area, Monday, Feb. 22, from 2 – 4 p.m. Details: Mary Billups, email@example.com.
- NATCHEZ – St. Mary Basilica, Catholic Heritage guided tours in celebration of Natchez 300th anniversary, Saturdays, March 5, 12, 19, 26, and April 2, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. beginning at the Family Life Center.
- SHAW St. Francis Parish, Lenten luncheons, Wednesdays at noon with a spiritual talk.
- TUPELO St. James Parish Lenten soup supper, Friday, Feb. 26, from 5 – 8 p.m. in Shelton Hall. Soup will be $1 per bowl. Proceeds will go to Meals on Wheels.
– Ladies’ Club meeting, Sunday, Feb. 28, after the 10:30 Mass in Mary’s Room. A light lunch will be served. All ladies of the parish are invited.
The photo on the back page of the Feb. 5 edition of Mississippi Catholic was from the door of Vicksburg St. Mary Parish. The caption has the wrong name. We deeply regret the error.