- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish, sign up days for six-week small group retreat, “33 Days to Morning Glory,” Nov. 3-4. The program begins the week of Nov. 5.
- GREENWOOD – Diocese of Jackson Black Catholic Day of Reflection, Nov. 6-7, at St. Francis of Assisi Parish. Sessions with Dr. Timone Davis, retreat minister, youth sessions, prayer, Liturgy, vendors. Cost is $15 for pre-registration and $20 at the door.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, book club discussion of “Leading by Listening” by Luis Antonio Tagle, Monday, Nov. 2, at 10:30 a.m. in the parish center.
- TUPELO St. James Parish, men’s retreat, Nov. 20-22 at St. Bernard Abbey in Cullman, Ala. Led by Father Henry Shelton. Registration is $95 per person for double rooms; $150 for private rooms. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus and is open to all men of the parish and friends. Contact: David Friloux, 662-21-3742, email@example.com
PARISH, SCHOOLS & FAMILY EVENTS
- BATESVILLE St. Mary Parish, Thanksgiving Fare, Sunday, Nov. 8, at noon.
– Parishioners are invited to participate in the Christmas Parade this year on Dec. 8. Floats are to be in line by 6 p.m.
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Sunday, Nov. 15, Mass with Father Henry Shelton at 11 a.m. followed by lunch and a continuation of the mission, “How Accessible Am I to God?” On this Sunday only Sunday School will be at 9:15 a.m. and there will be no 8:30 a.m. Mass.
- BROOKHAVEN St. Francis Parish, health walk and pancake breakfast every Monday following the 7:30 a.m. Mass.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish, Knights of Columbus meeting to decide future of this organization in Clarksdale, Thursday, Nov. 5, beginning with dinner at 6:30 p.m. in St. Elizabeth School cafeteria.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories, “A Taste of Italy,” lasagna plate and bake sale, Thursday, Nov. 5, from 4:30 – 7 p.m. Plates are $10 in advance, and $11 at the door.
- CORINTH St. James Parish, family movie night, Friday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m.
– The Knights of Columbus Women’s Auxiliary needs donations of crafts and baked goods to be sold at the Green Market Holiday Sale on Nov. 21.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, All Souls Day Mass, Monday, Nov. 2, at 6:30 p.m. in the chapel.
– The burial of pre-term babies from St. Dominic Hospital will be in the cemetery at 5:30 p.m.
– New and very gently used coats and blankets drive, Sunday, Nov. 8, from 5 – 8 pm. Sponsored by the youth group.
- GREENVILLE Father Tom Mullally, pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, will bless the cemeteries: Delta Memorial Gardens, Nov 8 at 3 p.m.; Lakewood at 3:30 p.m. and Oak Lawn Memorial Gardens at 3:45 p.m.
– Free healthy eating class on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m. in the hall. Open to everyone.
- GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Time and Talent Stewardship pancake breakfast, Sunday, Nov. 15, after the 9 a.m. Mass in the Parish Center.
- GRENADA St. Peter Parish, altar guild selling raffle tickets for a Fontanini Nativity (valued at more than $300). Tickets are $1 each or 12 for $10. Proceeds will be used to repair the altar and purchase linens. Details: Irene Stark, 662-417-0968, Krystal Hogan 251-362-1091.
- JACKSON St. Dominic Hospital, “Making the holidays joyful (again),” Wednesday, Nov. 4, at 11:30 a.m. in St. Dominic Centre. Free. Details: 601-200-6698.
– “A tribute to Bob Hope and USO,” Monday, Nov. 16, at 2 p.m. in St. Dominic Centre. Free. Refreshments will be provided. Details: 601-200-6698.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Hunger Banquet, Thursday, Nov. 12, from 6 – 9 p.m. in Foley Hall. The theme is “My big fat St. Richard wedding.”
- MERIDIAN All Souls Day Mass, Monday, Nov. 2, at 12:05 p.m. at St. Patrick Cemetery. In case of inclement weather the Mass will be celebrated in St. Aloysius Chapel.
– 16th annual Fall Musical and Variety Show, Saturday, Nov. 14, at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Reserved tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children through high school. Proceeds benefit St. Patrick School. Details: reserved tickets, Mary Yarger, 601-482-6014.
- MOUND BAYOU St. Gabriel Mercy Center, Harvest Festival, Saturday, Nov. 7, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, blood drive, Tuesday, Nov. 17, from noon to 5:45 p.m. Online sign-up at www.bloodhero.com.
– Healing Hands is collecting baby blankets for distribution in a hospital in Haiti run by Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady. Place donations in the box in the O’Connor Family Life Center by Dec. 1.
– Assumption Parish, Hispanic altar for the Day of the Dead will be on display until Nov. 25.
- TUPELO St. James Parish, Ladies Club rummage sale, Saturday, Nov 7, from 8 a.m. – noon in the Catholic Life Center. Donations for the food bazaar are needed. Details: Kathy Weatherford, 662-322-2556.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish Prayer Shawl Ministry will make scarves for the homeless in Yazoo City for Christmas. Parishioners can participate by donating scarves or giving money for supplies. Scarves are due by Dec. 3. Details: parish office, 662-746-1680.
JACKSON – The Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle, Fall Gala, Saturday, Nov. 7, at 6:30 p.m. at the Old Capitol Inn. Tickets are $60 per person and $100 per couple and includes food, cocktails, 50/50 split pot raflle, silent auction and live entertainment. Proceeds benefit the renovation of the cathedral. Details: 601-969-3125.
SQUAT & GOBBLE
JACKSON Catholic Charities annual Squat & Gobble, Thursday, Nov. 13, at Old Capitol Inn (new location). Benefits Catholic Charities Domestic Violence Office. Details: Tommy, 601-955-1677.
STARRY NIGHT GALA
MADISON St. Anthony School’s 2015 Starry Night Gala, “Embrace the Moment,” Saturday, Dec. 5, at 7 p.m. on the school’s campus, 1585 Old Mannsdale Road. Guests will enjoy music and dancing with “D-Play Band,” live and silent auctions, food from the Knights of Columbus and area restaurants, and the $5,000 drawdown. Tickets are $150 per couple. Details: Theresa McMullin, 601-607-7054, www.stanthonyeagles.org.