- AMORY St. Helen Parish, book discussion, “The Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen,” Monday, Aug. 10, at noon at the parish hall.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph, adult summer Bible study, “Revelation: The Kingdom Yet to Come,” Wednesdays at 10 a.m. in the classroom in Heritage Hall.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph Parish, Healing Mass, Thursday, July 30. Prelude music begins at 11:15 a.m. Mass at 11:30 a.m. followed by lunch in the parish hall.
- GRENADA St. Peter, praying the rosary, Sundays at 6 p.m. in the church.
– Book discussion, “The Light is on For You” Tuesdays, at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Details: Cecilia Lucio or Irene Stark.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, “Go and Make Disciples,” a six-week series on the role of Catholics, begins Thursday, Aug. 27, from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in Glynn Hall. Details: Debbie Tubertini, 601-366-2335, ext. 107, email@example.com.
– Book discussion, “Jesus – A Pilgrimage,” by Father James Martin, SJ, for six-weeks beginning Wednesday, Sept. 2, at 6:30 p.m. in the library. Books are available in the parish office for $20. Details: George Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish Catholic Book Club, review of the book on Luis Antonio Talge, current cardinal of the Metropolitan See of Manila, Phillippines, Monday, Sept. 14. Details: Kathy Foley, 601-616-0025, email@example.com.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, “The Rosary and Me,” Sundays, Aug. 30 and Oct. 25. More information to come.
PARISH, SCHOOLS & FAMILY EVENTS
- BROOKHAVEN St. Francis Parish, young adult fellowship night, Wednesday, Aug. 19, at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Amy and Dennis Valentine, 515 S. Jackson Street. All parishioners aged 21-45, are welcome. Refreshments and supper will be served. Details: Valentines, 601-757-1885.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish fair, Tuesday, Sept. 15. Volunteers are needed. Details: Lisa Chicorelli, 662-645-0398.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories Parish, Mothers’ Morning Out open house, Sunday, Aug. 2, from 4-5 p.m.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph Parish, 2015 parish fair brainstorming meeting, Wednesday, July 29, at 5:30 p.m. in the parish hall. Details: Missi Blackstock, 662-822-1862.
– Date and time for the newly formed cancer support group will be announced soon. Details: BeBe, 251-604-2966
- GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, dedication of new organ, Sunday, Aug. 2, during the 9 a.m. Mass. A concert will be performed at 3 p.m. followed by a social in the parish center. The entire Catholic community of IHM, St. Francis, St. Thomas and Sacred Heart are invited.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit Parish, Men’s Association is accepting aluminum cans for recycling. Bring bags to the garage door or put them in the containers marked for cans in the Family Life Center. Proceeds benefit Catholic Social Services, Interfaith Food Bank, and the Cindy Pretti Scholarship Fund. Details: Lee Smith, 662-233-4833, or Sal Galtelli, 662-429-5071.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Chatham Art Showcase, Friday, Aug. 14, from 6 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 15, from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Entrance fee is $5 and includes a glass of wine or a soft drink. Applications are available at www.saintrichard.com. Details: Raymond Barry, 601-366-2335, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Bereavement support group meeting, Thursday, Aug. 13, at 6:30 p.m. Rev. Keith Tonkel, pastor of Wells Memorial Methodist Church, will speak on “Coping hints at the death of a loved one.” Details: Nancy McGhee 601-942-2078, email@example.com.
- JACKSON St. Peter Cathedral, fund-raiser for Habitat for Humanity Build 2015, sale of high quality trash and garbage bags in three sizes from now until Aug. 23 after all weekend Masses.
– Fall gala, Saturday, Nov. 7, at the Old Capitol Inn. Details: parish office, 601-969-3125.
- JACKSON Christ the King Parish, liturgical dance workshop, Friday, July 31, from 1 – 4 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 1, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. for girls ages 6 and up. All are welcome, free of charge. Led by Sister Lynn Marie Ralph, SBS. Details: Pamela Osborne, 601-948-8867.
– King Workers yard sale, Saturday, Aug. 1, from 7 a.m. – noon in the Multipurpose Building. Donations are needed (not clothes).
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, blood drive, Monday, July 27, from noon – 6 p.m. in the O’Connor Family Life Center. Schedule your appointment at www.unitedbloodservices.org.
- SHELBY St. Mary’s Parish, Mass of Thanksgiving, celebration of diamond jubilee of the religious profession of Sister Jo Ann Villademoros SSND, Saturday, Aug. 1, at 10 a.m. Father Sam Messina will be the celebrant. All are invited to the Mass and to the social which will follow.
- TUPELO St. James Parish, information session on a new class of the Loyola Institute for Ministry Extension Program (LIMEX) Sunday, Aug. 9, at 2 p.m. in Mary’s Room. Details: Lee Oswalt, 662-322-3741, or Kris Ivancic, 662-791-9643.
– Visit of the Mexican Consulate, Aug. 15-16. To make an appointment call 877- 639-4835.
– The Happy Hearts will be traveling to the Abbey at Culman, Ala., on Wednesday, Aug. 19. Cost is $10 person which covers the tour of the grotto and lunch. Reserve your spot by Aug. 12. Details: Jessica, 662-871-5033.
– Parishioners are invited to support Nikki Ivancic in “Dancing Like the Stars,” Saturday, Aug 22, at the Bancorpsouth Center. An evening that raises money for Boys and Girls Club of North Mississippi. Tickets are $50 for the show and dinner and $20 for the show. Details: www.bgcnms.org/nikki-ivancic.aspx.
- YAZOO CITY Drop off for the shoe box collection for the religious education projects is Sunday, Aug. 16.
- JACKSON Catholic Charities inaugural “Cash Crawl” during Fondren’s First Thursday, Aug. 6, from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. This is a fund-raiser for the Rape Crisis Center with an opportunity to take home $1,000 for playing a progressive card game during Fondren’s First Thursday.
Entry fee is $25. Tables will be set up along State Street and throughout Fondren for your chance to play along. Visit participating merchants and draw a card to enter for a chance to win the big prize. Details: www.ccjackson.org.
- JACKSON “Be in the know . . . before you go,” informative presentation about the different types of senior housing available in the Jackson Metro area, including services and approximate cost. Tuesday, Sept. 3, at 11:30 a.m. at St. Dominic Hospital. Presenters will also explain services available to senior adults in the home. Details: 601-200-6698.