- AMORY St. Helen Parish book review of “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr Monday, June 8, at noon in the parish hall.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories Parish, series on the Acts of the Apostles on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Parish, adult Bible study on the Book of Matthew, Sundays at 8:30 a.m. in the conference room of the Family Life Center. Details: Karen Verucchi, 601-870-5388. Adult Sunday School will resume on June 7.
PARISH, SCHOOLS & FAMILY EVENTS
- AMORY St. Helen Parish picnic, Sunday, June 14, starting at 5 p.m. in the parish hall and grounds.
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis of Assisi Parish, potluck for First Communion and confirmation, Sunday, May 31.
- COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, Pentecost food fest was changed to Sunday, June 7, beginning at 5 p.m. in the church parking lot.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart Parish, volunteers are needed to welcome the tourists from all over the world who will embark from the steamship in downtown Greenville around 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 31. There is a possibility that Sacred Heart Church might be on the tourist’s visiting list. If so, volunteers are needed to greet the tourists and tell the parish’s history.
– Picnic, Sunday, June 7, beginning at 1 p.m. Bring your own food. There will be games for youth and adults.
- GREENVILLE Steve Azar Delta Soul Celebrity Golf and Charity Event, Friday and Saturday, June 5-6. Details: www.SASCF.org.
- JACKSON Christ the King Parish St. Vincent de Paul/St. Martin DePorres Conference is accepting calls from those who need assistance, call 601-354-3716 from 9 a.m. – noon on Tuesdays, June 9 and 23.
– Mass for sick and shut-in parishioners or nursing homes will be offered on Fridays at 10 a.m. during June and July. This will replaced the 8:45 a.m. school Mass. Details: Kathleen Feyen, 601-373-4463.
- JACKSON St. Therese Parish, Relay for Life, Friday, June 5, from 6 p.m. – midnight at Lakeshore Church, 6880 South Siwell Rd., Byram. Needs volunteers to join the team as well as donations. Details: Gail Clark, 601-878-9017.
- JACKSON St. Peter Parish summer picnic and bingo, Saturday, June 20, from noon – 2 p.m. Details: RSVP to 601-969-3125.
- JACKSON The Carmelite Nuns and Carmelite Seculars celebration Mass of the 500th year of the birth of St. Teresa of Avila, foundress of the Discalced Carmelites, Saturday, June 6, at 10:30 a.m. at the Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle. Bishop Joseph Kopacz will be the principal celebrant.
- JACKSON Sister Thea Bowman School is one of three schools in the country selected by the National Black Catholic Congress to participate in the Daniel Rudd Challenge. The school will receive $2,500 if 500 donors give at least $5 from May 1-31.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, Mass and reception to celebrate Father Francis Cosgrove’s 50th anniversary of ordination to the priesthood, Monday, June 1, at 6 p.m. followed bya reception in the Family Life Center.
– Knights of Peter Claver fish and ribs plates, Saturday, June 6, from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the corner of 26th Avenue and 8th Street. Catfish plates are $7 and rib plates $8.
– Baptism class, Sunday, June 14, at 2 p.m. in the parish center. Details: David or Morgan Bailey, 601-678-2476.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish, Mass celebration of the 25th anniversary of ordination to the priesthood of Father Jeffrey Waldrep, pastor, Tuesday, June 16, at 6 p.m. followed by a reception in the parish hall.
- SALTILLO May crowning, Sunday, May 31, at 5:30 p.m. followed by a potluck dinner and the celebration of Father Lincoln Dall’s seventh anniversary of ordination to the priesthood.
SHAW St. Francis of Assisi Parish Mass celebration of the feast of the priests of the Sacred Heart (SCJ’s), Friday, June 12, at 11 a.m. followed by a luncheon in the Social Hall.
– Summer social, (cookout) Sunday, June 28, at 6 p.m.
- SOUTHAVEN Christ the King Parish, Mass celebration of the feast of the Sacred Heart (SCJ’S) Friday, June 12, at 11 a.m. followed by a luncheon in the social hall.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOLS
- Clarksdale St. Elizabeth, June 8-12 from 8 a.m. – noon for children ages pre-K 3 (completed) through fifth grade (entering). Details: Sarah Cauthen, 662- 645-6260, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booneville St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Tuesday, July
14, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Details: Sheila Przesmicki, 662-728-7509.
- Brookhaven St. Francis of Assisi Parish, “Noah’s Ark,” June 9-11 from 5:30 – 8 p.m. A meal will be served at 5:30 p.m. Details: Emily Phillips, 601-757-0579, Erin Womack, 601-754-0963.
- Corinth St. James Parish, Monday-Thursday, June 23-26, from 9 a.m. – noon.
- Gluckstadt St. Joseph, Monday-Wednesday, June 15-17. Details: Karen Worrell, 601-672-5817, email@example.com.
- Greenville St. Joseph, “Cool Kingdom Party,” July 13-16 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. in the parish hall. Details: Mary Ann, 662-335-5251.
- Greenville Sacred Heart, June 8-12, 8:30 a.m. – noon for children in K-6th grades.
- Hernando Holy Spirit, “Son Treasure Island,” June 1-5, from 9 a.m. – noon. Details: Andrea Ludwig, 662-404-0376.
- Jackson St. Richard, “Everest,” June 1-4, from 9 a.m. – noon for children four years old through six graders. Details: Kim Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jackson St. Therese, “Win the World for Jesus,” June 8-12, from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Details: Betsy Carraway, 601-857-2252.
- Madison St. Francis, “Godz Werkus Circus,” June 22-26, from 9 a.m. – noon for 3-year-olds-fourth-graders. Details: Mary Catherine George, 601-856-5556 ext. 118, email@example.com.
- McComb St. Alphonsus, “Around the World with Assorted Saints and Virtues,” June 8-12. Details: Annette Gabler at 601-684-5648
- Natchez St. Mary Basilica, June 1-5, in the Family Life Center for children ages four and up.
- Pearl St. Jude, “Playing for God’s Team!,” June 1-5 from 9 a.m. – noon, for ages three through 12 years. Cost is $5 per child, $15 per family. Details: 601-939-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southaven Christ the King Parish, “Joy of the Gospel Around the World,” June 1-5 from 6 – 8 p.m. Details: Donna Williamson, 662-342-1073, email@example.com.