– Thursday, March 26, 6:15 p.m. “This Little Light of Mine – A tribute to the life of Sr. Thea Bowman, Jackson Sr. Thea Bowman School.
– Friday April 10 and Saturday April 11, 7 p.m. and Sunday April 12, 2 p.m., Madison St. Joseph High School Fine Arts Center, “Thea’s Turn,” a play written by Mary Queen Donnelly. For tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-960-8470.
– Saturday, April 25, 4 p.m., Canton Holy Child Jesus Parish, Father Maurice Nutt, C.Ss.R., will offer a presentation on Sister Thea. Father Nutt is currently a member of the Redemptorist Parish Mission Preaching Team based in Chicago, Ill., a member of the faculty of the Institute for Black Catholic Studies at Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans where he teaches preaching. He has written three books: “Thea Bowman: In My Own Words,” “Advent and Christmas Wisdom from St. Alphonsus Liguori,” and “Lent and Easter Wisdom from St. Alphonsus Liguori.” Father Nutt is also a contributor to the African American Catholic Youth Bible, a collaborative project between the National Black Catholic Congress and St. Mary’s Press.
– Sunday, April 26, 10 a.m., Canton Holy Child Jesus Parish, Mass to honor Sister Thea Bowman. Father Nutt will be the main celebrant, a reception will follow.
- Anniversary offers chance to reflect on Sr. Bowman’s message, legacy
- Sr. Thea: scholar, teacher, famous black woman
- Bishop remembers Sister’s patient enthusiasm
- Local Sister Thea Bowman School carries on mission
- Franciscan Sisters announce events to honor Sister Bowman
- ‘Let us love one another,’ Sister Bowman’s Holy Week reflection