- AMORY St. Helen Parish, Scripture study delving into the parables, on Wednesdays from 7 – 8 p.m.
- BATESVILLE St. Mary Parish, study on the history and theology of the Mass on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. beginning Nov. 6. Led by Brother Senan Gallagher, ST.
- CORINTH St. James Parish, Mass of Anointing, Saturday, Nov. 8, at 2 p.m. with Father Henry Shelton.
- GREENWOOD St. Francis Parish revival, Monday-Tuesday, Nov. 17-18, led by Father Anthony Bozeman, SSJ, from New Orleans.
- MAGNOLIA St. James, study and sharing of the book “33 Days to Morning Glory,” starting Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 6 p.m. in St. James Hall. Led by Father Thirumalareddy Suresh Reddy.
– Book Club: “Becoming the Sign” by S. Kathleen Hughes. Led by Sister Dana Huffner.
- MERIDIAN annual St. Patrick Cemetery Mass, Monday, Nov. 3, at 12:05 p.m., corner of 10th Street and 39th Avenue. In case of inclement weather, the Mass will be moved to St. Aloysius Chapel in St. Patrick Church.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish adult education class, Father Robert Barren’s series, “Priest, Prophet and King,” Sundays at 9:45 a.m. Group discussion follows the video presentation.
PARISH & FAMILY EVENTS
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis parishioners are asked to write on the Memory Cloth the names of loved ones who would like to be remembered during November, the month of All Saints and All Souls. This cloth will be hung on the altar and at the end of the month, it will be used in a prayer ceremony with the Sunday school students. All are invited to attend.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish, All Souls Day cemetery blessings, Sunday, Nov. 2. Oakridge at 1 p.m.; Memorial Gardens at 1:30 p.m.; Friars Point at 2 p.m.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories Parish fall’s annual fund-raiser, “Taste of Italy,” lasagna dinner, Tuesday, Nov. 18. Proceeds will go toward the church renovation project. Details: Church office, 662-846-6273.
COLUMBUS Annunciation School art auction, “Mississippi Blues Trail,” Friday, Nov. 14, at 7 p.m. in the school gym. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Details: Suzy Huckaby, 662-251-3549, or Kay Regimbal, 662-816-0094.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart Parish Harvest Feast dinner, Sunday, Nov. 9, from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dinners are $10, eat in or take out.
- GREENWOOD St. Francis School, spaghetti dinner fund-raiser on Thursday, Nov. 6. Adults tickets are $8, and kids 12 and under are $5. There is also a chance to win a new Windows Surface Pro 3.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit Parish, Veterans Day special blessing at all Masses Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 8-9. Veterans are encouraged to attend and wear something to indicate their branch of military service.
– Appreciation supper for all adults who participate in any ministry at the parish, Saturday, Nov. 15, at 7 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Details: 662-429-7851.
- JACKSON St. Richard School open house, Monday, Nov. 3, at 6 p.m.
– Bereavement support group meeting, Thursday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. Gerry Gray-Lewis and other leaders will facilitate “Getting Through the Holidays When You have Lost a Loved One.” Details: Gray-Lewis, 601-988-2639, or Nancy McGhee, 601-942-2078.
– Hunger Banquet, Saturday, Nov. 15, from 6 – 8:30 p.m. in Foley Hall. Volunteers are needed. Details: Raymond Barry, 601-366-2335, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JACKSON St. Therese Parish, garage sale, Saturday, Nov. 1, from 7 a.m. – noon. Soccer and volleyball tournament from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Costumes’ dance, from 7 – 11 p.m. in the gym. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 8-12.
– Fall Festival, Sunday, Nov. 9. Bilingual Mass at 10:30 a.m. followed by the festival and silent auction. Dinner tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children. Details: Mary Parker, email@example.com, or the parish office, 601-372-4481.
- JACKSON Christ the King and St. Mary parishes, football game day trip to Lorman, JSU vs ASU, Saturday, Nov. 22, leaving at 10 a.m. from Christ the King Church. Cost is $35 per person (does not include ticket to the game) Seating is limited. Details: Jane Annette, 601-573-0798, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- McCOMB St. Alphonsus Parish, St. Hubert’s Mass and supper, Monday, Nov. 3, at 6 p.m. Bring your favorite wild game dish, a side dish or dessert.
– Fall Fashion and Faith Rocks Fashion Show, Sunday, Nov. 9, at 3 p.m.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, training for extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, Sunday, Nov. 2, at 1 p.m. and Monday, Nov. 3, at 6 p.m.
– Fall musical and variety fashion show and Hawaiian luau, Saturday, Nov. 8, at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Reserved tickets are $20, adults, $10, and children through high school, $5. Details: Dan Santiago, 601-917-7364. Proceeds benefit St. Patrick School.
- MOUND BAYOU St. Gabriel Mercy Center, annual Harvest Festival and opening of the Christmas store, Saturday, Nov. 1, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, annual cemetery procession, Sunday, Nov. 2, at 2 p.m. beginning with the rosary at the Old Catholic Plot 1.
– Parish retreat, Friday-Sunday, Nov. 7-9, in the O’Connor Family Life Center. There will be time for individual discernment and reconciliation. Cost is $75 per person and includes a dinner and two lunches. Details: Hedy Boelte, email@example.com.
– Ballet Magnificat presentation of “Most Incredible Christmas,” a Broadway-style contemporary ballet, Saturday, Nov. 15, at 7 p.m. in the Natchez City auditorium. Proceeds will benefit The Guardian Shelter, a project of Catholic Charities, Natchez. Tickets are $15. Details: Donna Miller, 601-442-0142.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish choir, invites anyone interested in singing in the Christmas program before midnight Mass to attend practices on Sundays from 3 – 5 p.m.
- SHAW St. Francis Parish, blessing of the graves, Sunday, Nov. 2, at 3 p.m.
- In the Oct. 17 edition of Mississippi Catholic a story about the 130th anniversary of Philadelphia Holy Rosary Mission contained an error. Father Bob Goodyear, ST, has served at the mission for 24 years. We regret the error.