- CAMDEN Sacred Heart, Pentecost revival, Monday and Tuesday June 9-10, at 7 p.m. Guest preachers: Minister Stephanie Monroe from Tabernacle of God, Leakeville, Miss. and Father Darrell Kelly, pastor of Jackson Holy Ghost Parish.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish, pray before picture of Mary in the sanctuary which has a special blessing from Pope Francis. Will be on display until June 7.
- JACKSON – St. Richard Parish Bereavement Support Group, Thursday, June 12, at 6:30 p.m. in the Mercy Room. Sister Paulinus Oakes will talk on “When Grief Won’t Go Away.” Details: Cathy Reynolds, 601-750-8224; Nancy McGhee, 601-942-2078.
– Five-week book study on Pope Francis’s encyclical, Evangelii Gaudium, “The Joy of the Gospel,” beginning Wednesday, June 18, at 6:30 p.m. Details: George Evans, facilitator, 601-366-2335.
- SOUTHAVEN Christ the King Parish, retreat day in Spanish “Answering the Spirit: in the Soul, in Church and in the World,” Sunday-Tuesday, June 8-10, from 7 – 9 p.m. Father Bruce Nieli, Paulist evangelist, presenter.
PARISH & COMMUNITY
- CAMDEN Sacred Heart, pre-Pentecost celebration, Sunday, June 1, at 2:30 p.m.
- – Summer program begins June 2, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. for children and youth ages six-14. First session is designed to prepare students for the next school year and session II will focus on human development.
- CLARKSDALE Immaculate Conception Ladies Auxiliary rummage sale, Saturday, June 7. Details: Lydia Williams, 662-313-4801.
- CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories Parish, fellowship luncheon, Tuesday, June 10, at 11:30 a.m. at Crave.
- COLUMBUS Annunciation School, Pentecost Food Fest, Sunday, June 8, beginning at 5 p.m. in the church parking lot.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart, parish picnic, Sunday, June 8, feast of Pentecost, at 1 p.m. Bring your own dinner. A health fair will begin after the 9 a.m. Mass.
– Father’s Day dinner and reception for the sisters, Sunday, June 15, after the 9 a.m. Mass.
– Steve Azar Delta Soul Celebrity Golf and Charity Event, Friday and Saturday, June 6-7, at the Greenville Golf and Country Club. The beneficiaries include St. Joseph Catholic Schools, the Greenville Arts Council, Delta State University and the Delta Music Institute, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Washington County.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit, parish picnic with games, Sunday, June 8, after the 10:30 a.m. Mass. Each family asked to bring a large picnic dish.
- JACKSON St. Peter, Pentecost celebration, Sunday, June 8, bilingual Mass at 10:30 a.m., followed by a ministry fair and festival until 2 p.m. Music, dancing, games, food and prizes.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Pentecost celebration, Saturday, June 7, at 6 p.m. in Foley Hall. Bring a traditional dish.
– Mother’s Morning Out summer program, two days a week, begins Tuesday, June 3, from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Details: Rebekah Johnson, 601-506-0862, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, annual picnic, Saturday, June 7, at 6 p.m. in the Family Life Center and Memorial Park. Bring blankets and/or chairs. There will be a Space Slide for the kids.
– Assumption Parish, reception for the jubilee celebration of Father David O’Connor, Sunday, June 15, after the 8:30 a.m. Mass, during Father’s Day brunch.
– Mass of Thanksgiving, celebration of the 50th anniversary of ordination of Father David O’Connor, Wednesday, June 18, at 6 p.m. followed by a reception in the Family Life Center.
- PEARL St. Jude, Pentecost International food festival, Saturday, June 7. Potluck dinner served on the church grounds following the 5:30 p.m. Mass. Bring a dish to share that represents your ethnic heritage.
- COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, Mass of Thanksgiving, celebration of the 25th anniversary of ordination of Father Robert Dore, pastor, Tuesday, June 10, at 6:30 p.m. followed by a reception at Lion Hills, 2331 Military Road. If planning to attend, email to email@example.com, or call 662-328-2927 ext 11.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, Spring Fling Dance and Social, Saturday, June 7, 8 p.m. – midnight. Tickets are $15. Proceeds will benefit local charities.
Child care provided for infant through nine-years-old by parish youth. Cost is $10 per hour per child, $15 per hour for two children per family, $20 per hour for three children per family.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph, Mass of Thanksgiving, celebration of the 60th anniversary of ordination of Father Frank Corcoran, Monday, June 9, at 5:30 p.m. followed by a reception in the parish center. Details: St. Joseph Church at 662-335-5251.
- MADISON St. Francis, Mass of Thanksgiving, celebration of the 50th anniversary of ordination of Father Michael Flannery, Tuesday, June 3, at 6:30 p.m. followed by a reception in the Family Life Center.