- CHATAWA St. Mary of the Pines Retreat Center Conference Retreat June 15-20. Father Byron Miller, CSsR, presents “Taste and See the Good Things of the Lord.” Suggested donation is $425. Scholarships are available. Details: Sister Helen Roper, 601-783-0801, email@example.com, www.ssndcentralpacific.org.
- JACKSON – Introductory Contemplative Prayer/Centering workshop, St. Richard Parish, Monday, May 12, from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. There will be a free will offering for the day. Bring lunch, drinks and desserts will be provided. Details: Sister Therese Jacobs, 601-366-2335, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- – “Supper & Substance,” Saturday, May 17, in Foley Hall. Cost is $45 per couple. Reservations are required. Details: Debbie Tubertini, 601-366-2335, ext 107, email@example.com.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish, “Living the Eucharist” retreat Sunday, May 18, beginning at 12:30 p.m. with a meal followed by reflection and prayer session. Activities will be offered for ages three years – adult.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary, “Mary in the Garden,” Sunday, May 18, at 9 a.m.
- GLUCKSTADT On Sundays during May, St. Joseph Parish Knights of Columbus will lead the rosary 30 minutes before Mass.
- GRENADA St. Peter Healing Mass Friday, May 9, at 10 a.m.
- BROOKSVILLE The Dwelling Place drawdown Luau, Friday, May 9, at Lee Home in Columbus from 7 -10 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Joe St. John and Larry Priest. Tickets are $100 and admit two. Grand prize – $2500. Tickets can be purchased through PayPal at www.dwellingplace.com. Details: 662-738-5348.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish youth will sponsor a spaghetti supper on Sunday, May 4, after the 5 p.m. youth Mass. Plates are $6. Take-outs will be available. All proceeds benefit the youth summer trip.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph “Get a Taste of New Orleans, Thursday, May 15, from 10:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the parish hall to benefit St. Joseph Athletic Association. Tickets for the Central Grocery’s 10-inch muffaletta are $17 and are available in the parish office. Details: Ricky DeAngelo, 662-822-7765.
- HOLY SPIRIT yard sale, Friday, May 30, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday, May 31, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Donations accepted starting on Monday, May 19, at 9 a.m. Details: Barbara Wilder, 901-832-0672.
- JACKSON St. Peter Cathedral, Mary and Martha Circle retreat, Saturday, May 17, at 9 a.m. in the Cathedral Center. All women of the parish are invited.
- JACKSON St. Therese Parish will have a team at the South Hinds Relay for Life Friday and Saturday, May 9-10, beginning at 6 p.m. and ending at 6 a.m. Details: Phyllis Mokry, 601-373-0369.
- OXFORD St. John Parish drawdown on Friday, May 16. Organizers are soliciting donations for the silent auction and the wine pull. Details: Mark Hodge, 662-607-0706, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CORINTH St. James Parish feast day festival will be held on Sunday, May 4, from noon – 4 p.m. Food, games, entertainment for all.
- GRENADA St. Peter Parish will honor its graduating seniors, First Communion class and mothers at the 9 a.m. Mass on Sunday, May 11. A reception and breakfast will follow.
- OXFORD St. John “Why Not” women’s group will host a Cinco de Mayo themed party on Wednesday, May 7, at 6 p.m. at the home of Marietta Battle. All women of the parish are invited and asked to bring a dish or dessert. Details: Michelle Lucker, email@example.com.
- – The parish will host “More Than A Meal” Tuesday, May 13, at the Stone Center. Sign up on the board in the Narthex. Details: Marietta Battle, 662-363-5109, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- – The Interchurch Committee for Racial Harmony invites St. John parishioners to a special afternoon of Christian fellowship at the Burns-Belfry Museum grounds on Sunday, May 4, at 12:30 p.m. Bring a potluck dish or dessert. Hot dogs will be provided for all children.
- STARKVILLE St. Joseph Parish ninth annual Lebanese dinner is set for Thursday, May 15, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. in the parish hall. Tickets are $12 by advance sale only. Sponsored by the Knight of Columbus.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary, Healing Hands/Prayer Shawl Ministry, Sunday, May 4, from 2 – 4 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Hilda Bankston will teach free knitting lessons to anyone interested. Donations toward the purchase of yarn will be accepted.
- JACKSON St. Richard Bereavement Support Group, Thursday, May 8, at 6:30 p.m. in the Mercy Room. Dot-T Dehmer, author of “The Best Part and The Worst Part (of grief)” will be the guest speaker. Details: Cathy Reynolds, 601-750-8224.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart will host Mission Mississippi breakfast on Tuesday, May 6, at 7 a.m.
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis, Sunday, May 4, at the 11 a.m. Mass
- HERNANDO – Holy Spirit Parish, on Saturday and Sunday, May 10-11, as part of the Offertory Procession of the masses. Bring flowers from your yard to Mass.
- – At all of the Masses there will also be a special blessing for all mothers.
- MADISON St. Fancis, Sunday, May 4, at 10 a.m. in the courtyard. Children are asked to bring a flower.
- SOUTHAVEN – Sacred Heart School won the Terex Recycle competition for plastic for the second year in a row. The school collected 1,300 pounds of plastic during the months from November 2013 to April 2014.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOLS
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph, Monday-Wednesday, June 16-18. Details: Karen Worrell, 601-672-5817, email@example.com.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart, June 16 -20, from 8 a.m. – noon.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit, “Strange Animals, June 9-13, for Pre-K through fifth graders. Details: Katherine Carroll, 662-429-2896.
- JACKSON St. Richard, “Son Treasure Island,” June 2-6 from 9 a.m. – noon.
- MADISON St. Francis, June 23-27, from 9 a.m. – noon for pre-K through fourth-graders. Details: Mary Catherine George, 601-856-5556.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, “Weird Animals: Where Jesus Love is One-of-a-Kind,” June 2-6, in the Family Life Center. Details: Jennifer Lambuth, 601- 807-6708, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PEARL St. Jude, “Camping in God’s Creation” June 2-6, from 9 a.m. – noon for ages three years to rising fifth graders. Registration is set for May 17-18 and May 24-25 following each Mass. Cost is $5 per child (maximum of $15 per family) Students from rising sixth graders – high school can volunteer.
- SOUTHAVEN Christ the King, “Wilderness Escape,” Monday-Friday, June 16-20, from 6 – 8 p.m. Registration forms are at the bulletin board in the gathering space. Register by Sunday, May 18. Volunteers needed. Details: Donna Williamson, 662 342-1073, email@example.com.