The Cloud of Witnesses Day of Reflection featuring artist Brother Mickey McGrath will be held at Madison St. Anthony School on Saturday, April 5, and at Tupelo St. James Parish on Sunday, April 6. Last week’s edition of Mississippi Catholic gave an incorrect location. We apologize for the error. Register by calling Fabvienen Taylor at 601-960-8470.
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis, Monday, April 7, 6 p.m.
- JACKSON St. Mary and Christ the King reconciliation service for parents and children Wednesday, April 9, at 6:15 p.m. at Christ the King.
- McCOMB St. Alphonsus, Wednesday, April 9, at 6 p.m. for children and 7 p.m. for adults.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica, Wednesday, April 9, at 6:15 p.m.
- – Cathedral School, Thursday, April 10, High School at 9:30 a.m. and elementary at 10:15 a.m.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace, Thursday, April 10, at 7 p.m
- GREENWOOD Immaculate Heart of Mary, “The Great Bible Time Line Study Program,” Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and at 5:45 p.m. in the parish center. Fee is $30.
- IUKA St. Mary, “A Retreat from Busyness” Tuesday, April 8, from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Carolyn Bailey’s house. Bring a journal and favorite picture of Jesus or God.
- OXFORD St. John, study of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius using the book and DVD by Father Raymond Gawronski, “A Closer Walk with Christ,” Sundays in the community room between the 8:30 and 11 a.m. Masses.
- JACKSON Holy Ghost, Lenten revival, Monday-Wednesday, April 7-9, at 6 p.m. led by Father Chester Smith, from the Diocese of Chicago.
- JACKSON Christ the King and St. Mary, living stations of the cross on Palm Sunday, April 13, starting at 9 a.m. at Christ the King Church.
- MADISON/TUPELO, Lenten day of reflection “Cloud of Witnesses” with artist Brother Mickey McGrath, OFSF, at Madison St. Anthony School on Saturday, April 5, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Cost is $25 and includes a box lunch.
- – At Tupelo St. James on Sunday, April 6, from 1 – 5 p.m. Cost is $20 per person. Participants are asked to bring a snack to share. Register by calling 601-960-8470.
- NATCHEZ multi-parish Mass at St. Mary Basilica Sunday, April 13, 9:45 a.m. blessing of palms in the Family Life Center green space, procession of palms through Memorial Park. Mass at 10 a.m.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace, Lenten talk, “Counting Sheep,” by Sister Emily Morgan on Tuesday, April 8, at 7 p.m. A potluck dinner will be served at 6 p.m. The talk is for all five area parishes.
- SOUTHAVEN Christ the King, Seder Meal on Monday, April 14, at 6:30 p.m. followed by a potluck dinner.
- TUPELO St. James Parish, women’s retreat, Monday, April 14, from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Hodge’s Farm.
- CHATAWA The Dwelling Place drawdown Luau, Friday, May 9, at Lee Home in Columbus from 7 -10 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Joe St. John and Larry Priest. Tickets are $100 and admit two. Grand prize – $2500. Tickets can be purchased through PayPal at www.dwellingplace.com. Details: 662-738-5348.
- GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph, Lenten fund-raiser, Sunday, April 6, to furnish the Hispanic Ministry trailer in Canton used for religious education, after school tutoring and various religious celebrations. Pick up an “ornament” that lists needed items and return it by Sunday, April 13. Monetary donations are also welcome. Details: Patti Darbonne, 601-853-0535.
- – KC Ladies Auxiliary garage sale on Saturday, April 5, from 7 a.m. – noon.
- GREENVILLE golf tournament, Friday, April 25, at the Greenville Golf and Country Club, beginning at 1 p.m. Proceeds benefit St. Joseph and Our Lady of Lourdes schools.
- JACKSON Knights of Peter Claver Council #199 Annual L.W. Sampson Award Banquet, Saturday, April 5, at 6:30 p.m. at the Christ the King Parish Multipurpose Building. Tickets are $15. Proceeds benefit Sister Thea Bowman School and other philanthropic activities in the Catholic Community of West Jackson.
- JACKSON Sister Thea Bowman School, annual drawdown on Saturday, April 26, at 6:30 p.m. $100 tickets for a chance at $10,000. Details: 601-352-5441.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace Parish 12th annual fund-raising tournament on Sunday, April 27, at 1 p.m. at Wedgewood Golfers’ Course. Dinner is included. Details: qopcc.com, Details: 662-895-5007.
- OXFORD St. John Parish, drawdown on Friday, May 16. Organizers are soliciting donations for the silent auction and the Wine Pull. Details: Mark Hodge, 662-607-0706, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TUPELO St. James Parish Ladies’ Club, spaghetti lunch/raffle fund-raiser on Palm Sunday, April 13, after the 10:30 a.m. Mass in Shelton Hall. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children 10 and younger. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of a vehicle.
Fish fries & meals
- CORINTH St. James annual Knights of Columbus fish fry, Friday, April 11, at 5 p.m. Plates are $8.
- GRENADA St. Peter, KC’s fish fry on Friday, April 11, 5 – 7 p.m. Plates are $10.
- HERNANDO Holy Spirit, Men’s Association fish fry on Friday, April 11, at 4 p.m. Plates are $10 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12.
- JACKSON St. Therese, Louis Covert Memorial Scholarship Fund fish fry on Friday, April 11, from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- NATCHEZ St. Mary Basilica Parish annual picnic on Sunday, April 6, following the 10 a.m. Mass.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart parishioners will participate in the city clean up day Saturday, April 5, from Union Street down to Nelson Street. Volunteers will meet at the parish hall at 8 a.m. and will work until 10 a.m.
- JACKSON St. Richard bereavement support group will meet on Thursday, April 10, at 6:30 p.m. Judy Bryant, chaplain at Fitness Lady, will be the guest speaker.