- BATESVILLE St. Mary Parish, mission, “The Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist as they relate to Pope Francis’ book, Joy of the Gospel,” March 2-4, at 6 p.m. Led by the Redemptorist priests serving in Greenwood.
- BOONEVILLE St. Francis Parish, mission “How Accessible am I to God?” Sunday, March 8, beginning with lunch after the 11 a.m. Mass, and ending at 3:30 p.m. Led by Father Henry Shelton.
- CLARKSDALE St. Elizabeth Parish, mission March 16-18. More details to come.
- COLLIERVILLE, Tenn, Women’s Morning of Spirituality, Saturday, Feb. 28, 8:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Catholic Church of the Incarnation. To register: www.womensmorning.com or Mary Beth Trouy, 901-853-1819.
- CORINTH St. James Parish, Father Robert Barron’s “Catholicism” video series, Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m.
– Study of the Book of Revelation, Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. – noon in room #1 downstairs, and on Sundays at 10:45 a.m.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph Parish mission Sunday-Tuesday, Feb. 22-24. Led by Michael Cumbie. Reconciliation service on Tuesday after the mission.
- GREENWOOD Retreat, “Mary in the Mystery of Christ and the Church,” Saturday, March 7, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Locus Benedictus Retreat Center. Led by Brother Daniel Korn, C.Ss.R. Cost is $25 and includes lunch. Details: Magdalene Abraham, 662-299-1232.
- HOLLY SPRINGS Immersion Experience with Sisters of the Living Word, March 15-19. Open to single women age 18-40. Details: Sister Collette Fahrner, 847-636-9822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IUKA St. Mary Parish, retreat, “How Accessible am I to God?” Wednesday, March 11, begins with Mass at 10 a.m. Led by Father Henry Shelton.
- JACKSON Christ the King Parish, Lenten mission, March 22-24. Led by Brother A. Gerard Jordan, O. Praem.
- JACKSON Holy Family Parish, mission Saturday, Tuesday, March 14-17. Led by Father Henry Shelton on the theme, “How Accessible Am I to God,” an opportunity to examine ourselves during this Lenten season. Reconciliation will be available on Monday night, March 16. Details: Church office, 601-362-1888, or Joyce Adams, 601-214-6123.
- JACKSON St. Peter Parish, Lenten retreat, “How to Make Lent the Springtime of the Soul,” Saturday, March 14, from 9:30 a.m. – noon, followed by a Mass of anointing. Lunch will be served.
– Mary & Martha Circle retreat, “The Seven Deadly Sins and the Seven Lively Virtues of Our Blessed Mother,” Saturday, May 21, at the Norbertine Priory, from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
- JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Lectio Divina on the Lenten Sunday Scriptures, Mondays at 10 a.m. in the Mercy Room. There will be a retreat day on Monday, March 16, from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Details: Sister Therese Jacobs, 601-366-2335.
- JACKSON St. Therese Parish, annual women’s retreat, March 6-8 at St. Mary of the Pines in Chatawa. “Finding Joy in Everything,” led by Karla Luke. Registration deadline is Feb. 25. Details: email@example.com, 601-372-4481.
- MERIDIAN St. Patrick Parish, downtown Lenten service, Thursday, March 5, at noon, followed by lunch.
– Six-week series on “Living the Eucharist,” Wednesdays from 6 – 7 p.m. in Kehrer Hall. Details: Ida Bea Tomlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 601-880-9542.
– Wednesdays at 6:15 p.m. in the parish center. Led by Christy Price. Details: Mary Billups, email@example.com, 601-693-1321.
- – Thursdays at 2 p.m. Led by Jo Anne Zettler. Details: Mary Billups.
SHAW St. Francis of Assisi Parish, one-hour Lenten reflection based on the teachings of Pope Francis, Tuesdays of Lent from 10 – 11 a.m. at the home of Grace Venuti, beginning Feb. 24.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, penance mission, Sunday-Wednesday, March 1-4. Led by Father Henry Shelton. Volunteers are needed to help with preparations for lunches and suppers. Details: Diane Melton 662-571-3136.
PARISH & FAMILY EVENTS
- CLEVELAND The annual Lent lunches begin on Wednesday, Feb. 25, every week at First United Methodist Church. Our Lady of Victories Parish will prepare lunch on March 11. Details: Frances Janoush, 662-347-0499.
– The Solomon Counseling Center offers counseling services for Catholic adults, children/adolescents, couples and families in the Delta area. Hours are flexible. Fee scale is from $5 to $35 per hour. The center is connected with Catholic Charities in Jackson. Details: Jennifer Medders, 662-832-5519.
- GREENVILLE Sacred Heart confirmation class clothing and food drive for St Vincent de Paul from now until the end of this month. Leave donations in the back of the church.
– Black History Program will be held Sunday, March 1, at 3 p.m.
- GREENVILLE St. Joseph parishioners invited to Our Lady of the Lake Altar Society’s 105th spaghetti dinner at St. Mary Parish in Arkansas, Sunday, March 1, from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Plates are $12 for adults and $6 for children.
– Healing Mass, Thursday, Feb. 26. Prelude music begins at 11:15 a.m. Lunch will be served and afterwards there will be five games of dime bingo.
- McCOMB St. Alphonsus Parish, blood drive, Monday, March 9, from 2 – 7 p.m. in Liguori Hall.
- OLIVE BRANCH Queen of Peace Parish, blood drive, Sunday, March 1, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- PEARL St. Jude Parish, garage sale, Saturday, March 7. The Young Apostles are collecting items for the sale. Items can be dropped off at the parish office during office hours, before/after Sunday Masses. Details: Rhonda or Stacy, 601-939-3181.
- SHAW St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Lenten luncheons begins on Wednesday, Feb. 25, at noon.
- YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, service at Manna House Feb. 23-27. Call the office to volunteer.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
- Batesville St. Mary, Fridays at noon followed by Mass.
- Clarksdale St. Elizabeth, Fridays at 5:30 p.m.
- Columbus Annunciation, Fridays at 5:30 p.m. in the chapel followed by a fish fry in the Activities Center.
- Greenville Sacred Heart Parish, Fridays, Feb. 20, March 3 and 20 at 6 p.m.
- Greenville St. Joseph Parish, Fridays, Feb. 27, March 13 and 27 at 5:30 p.m.
- Grenada St. Peter, Fridays at 6:15 p.m. Holy Communion and a short meditation followed by a light supper.
- Hernando Holy Spirit Parish, Fridays at 6:30 p.m. followed by a soup supper.
- Iuka St. Mary Parish, Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m.
- Jackson St. Mary Parish, Fridays at noon.
- Jackson St. Richard, Fridays at 2:15
- Jackson St. Therese, Fridays at 5:30 p.m.
- Jackson Christ the King Parish, Fridays at 6:30 p.m.
- Pearl St. Jude, Fridays at 6 p.m. followed by a catfish dinner cooked by the Knights of Columbus.
- Sardis St. John, Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Shaw St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Fridays at 6 p.m.
LENTEN DAILY MASS
- Hernando Holy Spirit, Monday-Friday at 8 a.m.
- Southaven Christ the King, Monday-Friday at 9 a.m.
- Olive Branch Queen of Peace, Monday-Friday at 9 a.m.