1. Our preferred method to receive photos is via email. Photos should be in tiff or JPEG format. The resolution should be at least 200 dpi. Make sure the photo measures at least 5 inches in width.
2. We do not accept cell phone photos, polaroid or instamatic prints.
We do accept color and black and white photos
31/2” x 5” or larger.
3. All photos with good contrast and composition are usually acceptable.
4. We prefer ACTION shots of small groups (less than 5) not “firing squad lineups”, “mug” shots or “check
passing photos.” People should not be facing the
camera if at all possible, but should be involved in the action.
Remember ACTION, ACTION, ACTION.
5. Our deadline for photos is the same as news: two
weeks before an event, within one week after.
6. We will accept and develop 35 mm film or negatives to help you meet deadlines.
It takes two 41 cent stamps to mail one roll.
7. All photos should be accompanied by cutlines
(captions) naming people from left to right.
8. We will return photos if you enclose a return