AMORY St. Helen Parish, book discussion of “Them Bones” by Carolyn Haines, Monday, July 11, at noon in the parish Hall.
CHATAWA St. Mary of the Pines, ninth annual “Speak Lord I’m Listening” retreat for men and women using the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Friday-Sunday, July 29-31. Led by Father Bill Henry.
CORINTH St. James Parish, adults study, “Unlocking the Mysteries of the Bible,” Wednesdays, July 20 and 27, at 2:30 p.m.
– Sundays, prayer of the rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet at 10:30 a.m.
GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, Father Gaitley’s “33 Days to Morning Glory,” starts July 12 and continues for five sessions on Tuesdays, from 10-11:30 a.m. Sign-up sheets are in the church foyer. Details: Eileen Keller, 601-345-7005.
GREENWOOD – Life in the Spirit Seminar, “Take the grace of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit into the heart of the church,” Saturday, Aug. 20, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Locus Benedictus Retreat Center, 1407 Levee Road, Speakers are: Father Bill Henry, Camille Leatherman, Ann Leatherman, Mark Davis, Mike and Charlene Brown. Details: Magdalene Abraham, 662- 299-1232.
GRENADA St. Peter Parish, new time for the rosary and benediction, 7 p.m. on Sundays. The rosary is also prayed on Saturdays at 5:15 p.m.
JACKSON St. Richard Parish, “Putting it all together,” a DVD series titled “Divine Mercy” featuring Father Michael Gaitley, MIC, Tuesdays at 6 p.m. in Foley Hall. Details: Suzan Cox, 601-366-2335.
– “Catholics Come Home,” a four-week program to explore returning to the church, beginning Thursday, Aug. 11, at 6:30 p.m. in Foley Hall, 1242 Lynnwood Drive. A nursery will be provided upon request. Details: 601-366-2335 ext. 107 email@example.com.
– Old Testament class, Tuesdays, Sept. 6-Oct. 11.
PARISH, SCHOOL & FAMILY EVENTS
AMORY St. Helen Parish, vacation Bible school along with the children with First Presbyterian Church, July 17-19, from 5 – 8 p.m., at their Fellowship Hall.
– Hot dog/hamburger cookout, Wednesday, July 20, to close VBS. Older youth are asked to serve as counselors.
CLEVELAND Our Lady of Victories parishioners are invited to six sessions on loss and recovery at St. Luke United Methodist Church on Tuesdays, July 12-Aug. 16, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Led by Larry Lambert. Details: Lambert, 662-719-8756.
CORINTH St. James Parish, volunteers needed for clean up day, Saturday, July 23, from 8:30 to noon.
COLUMBUS Annunciation School, Fine Arts Camp, July 18-22 from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. for students entering kindergarten – sixth grade. Hands-on camp focused on visual and physical arts, music and theatre. Cost is $100 for first child, $90 for each additional child. Details: Jenni Browning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Workday to get the campus prepared for the first day of school, Saturday, July 16, beginning at 8 a.m. Bring work gloves. Lunch will be provided.
– Columbus Back 2 School Bash, Friday, July 29, from 9 a.m. – noon at the American Legion Post #69, 308 Chubby Drive. A free community resources, book bags with supplies, fun activities and music.
GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, blood drive, Sunday, July 24, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the parish hall.
GRENADA St. Peter Parish, blood drive, Sunday, July 24, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sign up sheets are in the vestibule.
HERNANDO Holy Spirit Parish, hangout night for young adults of Northern Mississippi, Friday, July 15, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Family Life Center. Bring a snack and a drink to share. Invite your friends, college age and up. Recent high school grads are welcome.
– Fun game night for adults, Friday, July 22, at 7 p.m. Bring your own games. Details: Liz Brown, 901-331-3419.
JACKSON St. Richard Parish, Bereavement Support Group, Thursday, July 14, at 6:30 p.m. Pat Walden, parishioner and St. Dominic Hospital pastoral ministry director, will speak on “Why am I so angry and what can I do about it?” Details: Nancy McGhee, 601-942-2078, email@example.com.
– Meet-n-greet for Biking for Babies teams, Thursday, July 14, at 6 p.m. The Knights of Columbus will serve a spaghetti dinner. RSVP to 601-956-8636.
JACKSON St. Therese Parish, Working together Jackson meeting, Saturday, July 16, at 6 p.m. All welcome.
– Hope Credit Union visit, Sunday, July 17, after the 12:30 p.m. Spanish Mass. To help people open a bank account.
JACKSON Christ the King Parish, Senior Swingers bus trip to Blues Trail, Monday, July 11. Cost for members is $45, non-members, $50. Details: Sarah Griffin, 601-613-8017.
JACKSON St. Dominic Hospital, “Refuse to be a victim,” Thursday, Aug. 25, from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at St. Dominic Center Complex-Toulouse. A free workshop to learn how to create layers of safety to protect yourself and your family from today’s criminal. To register call 601-200-6698.
MADISON St. Francis of Assisi Parish, a representative from Crossroads will be at the parish Saturday and Sunday, July 16-17, to share information about their ministry and to ask for prayers and support. Members of Crossroads educate the youth about the pro-life movement. A group is walking more than 10,000 miles from May 21-Aug. 13.
MADISON St. Joseph School, summer cheer camp, July 18-22 from 9 a.m. – noon. Cost is $100. Register at stjoebruins.com, select athletics and summer camps 2016. Details: Emily Toulomelis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Bruin Burn 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run, Saturday, July 16, beginning at 7 a.m. at St. Anthony School, 1585 Old Mannsdale Road, Madison. To register visit, https://raceroster.com/events/2016/9291/bruin-burn-5k.
SHAW St. Francis of Assisi Parish, summer socials, cookout on Sunday, July 31, at 6 p.m. and a potluck on Sunday, Aug. 28, at noon.
SOUTHAVEN Christ the King Parish, pilgrimage day, Thursday, July 28.
TUPELO St. James Parish, annual pilgrimage walk and celebration of the parish’s patron, Saturday, July 23.
– Training for new altar servers, Wednesday, July 27, at 4 p.m., Saturday, July 30, at 9 am., Wednesday, Aug 3, at 4 pm and Saturday, Aug 6, at 9 am. Servers need to attend two sessions, but can pick the time that suits them. Details: Kris Ivancic, 662-791-9643.
YAZOO CITY St. Mary Parish, catechist appreciation lunch, Sunday, July 17, following the 10:30 a.m. Mass in the parish hall.
– City-wide revival for Yazoo City, July 11-15 at McCoy Elementary School. Bishop Edward Duku of South Africa will be joined by Pastor Dan Willis of Chicago, Ill.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Mercy Rally, “Open your hearts to the mercy of God,” July 22-23 at St. Ignatius of Antioch Catholic Church, 601 Bell Road, Antioch, TN 37013. Sponsored by Catholic Charismatic Renewal. The Friday night session emphasizes music, praise and worship. Speakers are Dr. Scott Hahn, the Bishop of Nashville, David Choby, and Father Michael Baltrus. Cost is $50 for individuals and $80 for families. Clergy and religious can attend for free.