GRENADA – St. Peter Parish, six-week Scripture study, “Covenant Love,” on Wednesdays after the 6 p.m. Mass starting June 1. Details: Annette Tipton, Annett.email@example.com
PARISH, SCHOOL & FAMILY EVENTS
BOONEVILLE St. Francis Parish, starting the week of June 1, the weekly liturgy/Mass will be celebrated on Fridays (June 3) at 10 a.m.
CAMDEN Sacred Heart Parish feast day Mass, Friday, June 3, at 6:30 p.m.
– Summer enrichment program, Session I, May 31-June 24; Session II, July 5-22, both from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sewing Camp, Basketball Camp, Robotics Camp. Tuition is $130 per session. Details: Parish office, 662-468-2354.
COLUMBUS Annunciation Parish, soup kitchen fund-raiser, Friday, June 3, from 6 – 8 p.m. at Lion Hills Center. Tickets are available at the parish office, $40.
GLUCKSTADT St. Joseph Parish, Spring Fling, Saturday, June 4, from 7-11 p.m. at the pavilion behind the parish hall. Bring your favorite dessert or appetizer to share. Entrance fee is $15 per person.
GREENVILLE Sacred Heart Parish picnic, Sunday, June 5, at 1 p.m. to welcome the sisters from Techny, Ill., who will run the vacation Bible school June 6-10.
INDIANOLA St. Benedict the Moor Parish, going away party for Father Tarsisius Puling, Sunday, June 4, at 6 p.m.
JACKSON Catholic Night at Trustmark Park with the Mississippi Braves, Thursday, June 9. Door opens at 6 p.m. Father Anthony Quyet, rector of St. Peter Cathedral, will throw out the first pitch. Catholics are asked to sit on the third base side of the ball park. The Knights of Columbus is selling prepaid ticket vouchers for $7. Details: Charlie Sims, 601-624-9966.
JACKSON Christ the King Parish, King Workers yard sale, Saturday, June 4, from 7 a.m. – noon in the multipurpose room.
JACKSON Pro-Life Mississippi’s annual Walk 4 Life, Saturday, June 4, beginning at 7:30 a.m. with registration at St. Richard’s Church, 1242 Lynnwood Drive. Brunch will be provided at Foley Hall for all walkers and workers compliments of the Knights of Columbus.
– Bereavement Support Group, Thursday, June 9, at 6:30 p.m. in the Mercy Room, Guest speaker, Dr. Rick Boyte. Details: Suzie Cranston, 601-982-5464.
MADISON St. Joseph School, Bruin Classic Golf Tournament, Friday, June 3, at the Canton Country Club, beginning with lunch at 11:30 a.m. and ending with the presentation of prizes at 6 p.m.
– Father Gerry Hurley: Mass at Flowood St. Paul, Friday, June 10, at 7 p.m. Reception following.
– Father Tom Lalor: Mass at Vicksburg St. Paul, Thursday, June 9, at 6 p.m. Reception following.
– Father Tom Mulally: Mass at Greenville Sacred Heart, Saturday, Sept. 10, at 10:30 a.m. Reception following.
– Father Richard Somers: Mass at Jackson St. Richard, Saturday, June 25, at 11 a.m. Reception following.
Photos needed for special edition
Mississippi Catholic is again planning to produce a “Spring Sacraments” issue featuring First Communion and Confirmation photos from across the diocese. Please email your photos and captions to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the end of May.
We need high-resolution photos (this usually means from a camera as opposed to a phone or tablet), the parish name, date and time of the sacrament and the names of your Communicants and Confirmandi. We only allow posed photos in this and the graduation issue. Details: Maureen Smith, 601-969-3581.
Pastoral ministries workshop
Pastoral Ministries Workshop, June 5-9 at Lake Tiak O’Khata for all lay ministers of the church: DREs/CREs, catechists, LEMs, youth ministers, pastoral ministers and volunteers or those interested in getting involved.
Vacation Bible school
– Brookhaven St. Francis Parish, “Barnyard Roundup,” June 12-15, from 5:30 (meal) – 8 p.m. Details: Erin Womack, 601-754-0963.
– Clarksdale St. Elizabeth Parish, “Deep Sea Discovery,” June 13-17, from 8 a.m. – noon for children entering K4 through 6th-grade. Details and to volunteer: Sarah Cauthen, 662-645-6260.
Cleveland Our Lady of Victories, June 5-9, from 6 – 8 p.m. for those entering K4-6th grade. Details: Jenifer Jenkins: 662-846-6273.
Corinth St. James Parish, there will be two different sessions. Tuesday and Wednesday, July 12-13, and Thursday and Friday, July 14-15, from 9 a.m. – noon. Register for one session only.
Gluckstadt St. Joseph Parish, Monday- Wednesday, June 13-15, from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Details: Karen Worrell, 601-672-5817, email@example.com.
– Grenada St. Peter Parish, “Birthday Blast” Sunday-Thursday- June 5-9. Details and to volunteer: call/text Tara Trost, 662-515-9126.
Greenville Sacred Heart Parish, June 6-10.
Greenville St. Joseph Parish, “Birthday Blast: A celebration of Life!” June 13-16, from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
Greenwood Immaculate Heart of Mary, June 13-16.
– St. Francis, “Discovery Zone 2016,” June 27-30.
Hernando Holy Spirit, June 5-9, from 6 – 8:30 p.m. Details: Andrea Ludwig, 662-404-0376.
Jackson St. Richard, June 6-9, from 9 a.m. – noon.
Jackson Holy Family Parish, June 14-16.
Jackson St. Therese, June 22-24, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Madison St. Francis of Assisi Parish, June 20-24 from 9 a.m. – noon for preK-fourth graders.
– Creative art camp for fifth and sixth graders at the same time. Details: Mary Catherine, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Natchez St. Mary Basilica, “Cave Quest: Following Jesus, The Light of the World,” June 6-10, from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. for children entering Pre K4-6th grade, with a Mass celebration on Saturday, June 11, at 5 p.m. Details: Melinda, 601-597-7178, email@example.com.
– Tupelo St. James Parish, June 13-17. Organizers need donations of toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls and black garbage bags. Place donations in the basket in foyer of church or bring to the office.
Yazoo City St. Mary Parish, “Fishing For Faith with Families,” Friday and Saturday, June 3-4. Details: Babs McMaster, 662-571-3119.